❀ ❤ ☼
Posts tagged Awareness.
Bashar ~ New Senses
”..allow yourself to relax the filters, relax the limitations..”
There are a lot of misconceptions out there about Kundalini awakenings and energy - the range of these can vary between ridiculous to dangerous. It is important to draw the distinction between fact and fiction. Here is a list of common misconceptions.
1. Kundalini energy is sexual in nature, because it draws prana (life force energy) up the Sushumna channel from the root chakra to the brain. Sexual fluid is the most potent form of prana because it is both life-giving and life-holding. When it is used for anything other than its intended purpose (to be ejaculated into a woman to create life - in terms of a male, to foster and grow a new being into existence - in terms of a female) this energy becomes raw potential. In the case of Kundalini, so the late Gopi Krishna thought, this raw potential is drawn against gravity through the chakra system, the endocrine system, nervous system etc, into the brain, and used to rebuild and refine these systems and organs to Kundalini’s ‘fashion’ or ‘plan’ if you will. This is not true. Sexual prana is indeed intense and powerful in nature, but excess of this does not mean Kundalini energy has awakened in the individual. Kundalini energy is fiery and spiritual in nature. Although it does mingle with all of the aforementioned systems, organs and fluids, it is a separate energy.
2. Awakening Kundalini automatically brings about spiritual powers such as ESP, mind-reading, mediumship, forms of astral travel, communication with the divine, etc. Kundalini can invoke these altered states on occasion in certain individuals, but it is not a rite of passage through the serpent fire. Also, these abilities/states can certainly exist separately from a Kundalini experience entirely.
3. Kundalini automatically means one will become enlightened. Because consciousness is change, it is important to remember that enlightenment is not a destination where one can drive one’s psychic car, pay for parking and stay forever and ever once one has done ‘all the right things.’ Enlightenment is a state that one can attain. Zen is within all of us just like Kundalini is within all of us. With Kundalini we may be able to attain the state of Zen/Enlightenment more often, but it is still something we must work at through meditation and other practices.
4. If you awaken Kundalini spontaneously, prematurely, or both, especially if it was due to psychedelic drugs, you’re doomed to go crazy and/or die. If this happened to you what you mayinstead go through is called a ‘spiritual emergency.’ It is defined as:
“When spiritual seekers or even those who do not consider themselves to be on a spiritual path find themselves experiencing levels of energy and awareness that they are unable to handle and for which they have no reference, then the result can be a state of emergency. In this state a person feels highly vulnerable and oversensitive to incoming stimuli. Typically they feel overwhelmed, fragmented, fearful, confused and disoriented. With their absorption in inner processes, they may not be able to look after even basic self care.” (Karen Harrington, “Kundalini and the Awakening of Spirit”
It is indeed very difficult (I’ve been there) but it does not mean mental illness will ensue or that you will be murdered by Shakti. Neither of these things will occur. You will be fine but it will take some work to ground and to find balance again. There are tons of resources that I have listed in the ‘links’ section of this tumblr that can help provide you with information and guidance.
5. If you have had a spontaneous/premature/drug induced Kundalini awakening, you must fight it or aid it with whatever means you deem to be necessary. First of all, don’t fight it. The more time you spend resisting it, cursing it, hating it, trying to stomp it out with bad feelings or drown it in substances (like drugs and alcohol) the worse off you will be. Secondly, don’t aid it unless through the very careful guidance of a very well-known, highly-respected, tried-and-true teacher. Don’t go listening to just anyone’s advice on the subject. What you can do to aid it is to cease all spiritual practices/activity such as certain types of meditation, breathing techniques (like breath of fire), certain types of yoga (like Kundalini yoga!) or any other things you are involved in that are enflaming the energy. Focus instead on grounding, joyful activities.
6. If you have Kundalini, you musthave a teacher. You can certainly seek one out if you so choose, but it is not necessary. In fact, unless your teacher is the best teacher of all time and understands not only Kundalini thoroughly and without strange, personal dogma, but understands YOU very well, I would say that a teacher is not necessary. They can get in the way and fill your mind with problematic assessments and even more problematic (or dangerous) practices.
7. If you have Kundalini, you will never be ‘normal’ or lead a ‘normal’ life ever again. First of all, what is normal? Kundalini does make career-oriented life, and even highly-functional family life a challenge sometimes. And it can definitely ‘ruin’ some lives for periods of time, depending on what your perception of your life was previous to Kundalini and what connotations you place upon your current spiritual experience. I reiterate: this is perception. But it does not rip one out of normality, since normality is so highly subjective to begin with. Second of all, just as life and consciousness is ever-changing, so is Kundalini. What is being presented as a difficulty now will change with time. The energy ebbs and flows, it comes and goes. It goes through different stages and evolutions. Also, you will learn as you travel how to better navigate the new vistas and challenges Kundalini creates, so it will not always be so overwhelming.
I hope this has helped clear some things up. If I’m missing anything, please feel free to message me.
© Scarlet Phoebe, 2013
This breaks my heart… this is so not right. We are not suppose to be taking their homes. Our beautiful little animal companions deserve to live a full life in their natural homes. They are so perfect.. why do we destroy them and their environments?
The trees are not here for our consumption, and neither is the land here for the taking, the flora and fauna are here to live out their own branch of existence..
“It is common for koalas to roam back to their home range afterwards and become confused to find nothing there. A worker noticed a koala had been sitting stationary in broad daylight on top of wood piles for over an hour.”
The little Koala looks like he’s thinking “Where did my Home go? Why did they take it away?”
And really, why did we take his home?? For paper products that we will throw out anyway and pollute more ecosystems with?? And for what price? The price of the Life of Nature.
Animals know who we are. They know what we do.
Can you imagine coming back to your home only to find a flat, barren land? Can you imagine how fucking scared, confused, and disappointed you’d be to know that you have no damn place to call your own…
To see that a beautiful, life-giving, life-supporting forest has been cleared shows that humans value commodity over life. I don’t care how “sustainable” the forest industry THINKS it has become.. THIS IS NOT SUSTAINABLE.
DISPLACING ANIMALS FROM THEIR HOMES IS NOT SUSTAINABILITY
Grow fuckin’ fields of hemp and STOP CUTTING DOWN THE ESSENTIALS TO LIFE ON THIS PLANET..
When will we learn?
There are two things you can do with the things that flow into your life: You can “appreciate” them or you can “depreciate” them.
To depreciate them is to complain and resonate bitterness and resentment. Which ultimately corrodes that link between you and Source and sort of blocks that flow of blessings. Gratitude is such an important virtue to possess. To be in a state where, rather than constantly striving, yet, never arriving, you are in a state of knowing that the less you want the more you have. Gratitude keeps you linked to that universal Source of perfection in which you emanate from and allows blessings to continually flow into your life. And I mean gratitude for everything. Even what you see as so the so called “grief” that may sometimes accompany you on your path. As Rumi said, “I saw grief drinking a cup of sorrow and called out, ‘It tastes sweet, does it not?’ ‘You’ve caught me,’ grief answered, ‘and you’ve ruined my business, how can I sell sorrow when you know it’s a blessing?” The hardest part about gratitude for many is learning to be grateful for that which shows up in your life which you may not have wanted or see to be a curse. As Dr. Wayne Dyer once explained if you ask most alcoholics or drug addicts if they regret their days of addiction the most common response you’ll get is something like “No, those days were the greatest teach I ever had.” And so it is with any other pain and suffering that may arise in your life. Everything on the polar spectrum has its opposites. You can’t truly know good without experiencing bad. You can’t truly come to know Light without having experienced its opposite Dark. The purpose of your incarnation in this physical body is so that you may know WHO YOU REALLY ARE and WHERE YOU CAME FROM so you may remember and return and truly know it for the first time. Just as the candle basking in rays of sunlight does not know its true essence. But in the dark night gets to experience its TRUE GLORY! So this is my PLEA to you. Rather than seeing those dark times and the grief as a curse learn to see it as a blessing and be grateful for them. For those times may just be your greatest teacher in life.
THE SEVEN CENTERS OF CONSCIOUSNESS
1. THE SECURITY CENTER. This Center makes you preoccupied with food, shelter, or whatever you equate with your personal security. This programming forces your consciousness to be dominated by your continuous battle to get “enough” from the world in order to feel secure.
2. THE SENSATION CENTER. This Center is concerned with finding happiness in life by providing yourself with more and better pleasurable sensations and activities. For many people, sex is the most appealing of all sensations. Other addictive sensations may include the sound of music, the taste of food, etc.
3. THE POWER CENTER. When your consciousness is focused on this Center, you are concerned with dominating people and situations and increasing your prestige, wealth, and pride — in addition to thousands of more subtle forms of hierarchy, manipulation, and control.
4. THE LOVE CENTER. At this Center you are transcending subject-object relationships and are learning to see the world with the feelings and harmonies of flowing acceptance. You see yourself in everyone — and everyone in yourself. You feel compassion for the suffering of those caught in the dramas of security, sensation, and power. You are beginning to love and accept everyone unconditionally — even yourself.
5. THE CORNUCOPIA CENTER. When your consciousness is illuminated by this Center, you experience the friendliness of the world you are creating. You begin to realize that you’ve always lived in a perfect world. To the degree that you still have addictions, the perfection lies in giving you the experience you need to get free of your emotion-backed demands. As you reprogram your addictions, the perfection will be experienced as a continuous enjoyment of the here and now in your life. As you become more loving and accepting, the world becomes a “horn of plenty” that gives you more than you need to be happy.
6. THE CONSClOUS-AWARENESS CENTER. It is liberating to have a Center from which your Conscious-awareness watches your body and mind perform on the lower five centers. This is a meta-center from which you non-judgmentally witness the drama of your body and mind. From this Center of Centers, you learn to impartially observe your social roles and life games from a place that is free from fear and vulnerability.
7. THE COSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS CENTER. When you live fully in the Sixth Center of Consciousness, you are ready to transcend self-awareness and become pure awareness. At this ultimate level, you are one with everything — you are love, peace, energy, beauty, wisdom, clarity, effectiveness, and oneness.
- Ken Keyes Jr. ”The Handbook to Higher Consciousness”
Last night at around 1:30 AM I had a pretty cool experience…
I was in bed laying next to my already asleep boyfriend when I began feeling and seeing souls surround me. A lot of them were walkers between worlds and wanted to communicate. I shielded myself with light and called upon my angels Uriel and Michael. At the foot of my bed stood a presence with an electric-lavender/purple aura, and there was gold at the crown of their head. There were light beings everywhere.
My entire body was vibing at a very high frequency and I could hear and feel a very, very high pitch frequency. I recognized that the sound was coming from within me and I felt my Torroidal Field “upgrade”.
One of the most fascinating aspects of this experience is that I was able to feel my Pineal Gland actually secrete DMT into my brain, which felt like a wave of orgasmic explosion inside my head..
All of the cells in my body felt like they were regenerating at a very rapid rate, I felt like I was going to float away into the astral world. After a few moments of being in that state I drifted off to sleep.
1. Ask questions - This is really important when developing your intuition because insight follows the asking of a question which then allows energy to come back with a response, whether visually, symbolically, as thoughts or in other ways. This can be as simple as asking “Which way should I travel to the shops today to avoid traffic?”, or deeper, such as “Which job should I take?”
2. Listen - This may seem obvious but a lot of the time we may ask the question and change our train of thought before listening to the answer. Why? It could be because we don’t expect to get an accurate answer or we don’t trust our own ability to intuit it. So ask the question and “leave that space” to be open to an answer. This leads to the next tip…
3. Follow the first thought - When you listen to your inner knowing, it tends to be the first thing that comes to mind that is the intuitive response. Alternative thoughts that come through after that will be the logical mind coming in to give the rational or expected answer rather than the intuitive one. So trust the first thing that comes to mind. It may be an image or symbol rather than words. It’s also important to point out, as I mentioned in the introduction, that intuition also comes from the “gut feeling” so you may just get a feeling to do something in particular or just a feeling of “yes” or “no”. Imagine that you’ve asked which way to travel one day and you are coming up to the intersection where you can go one way or the other. As you get closer, you have the question in your mind and at the last minute you just “have to” to right - you feel pulled to do so. This is an intuitive response.
4. Follow through - Now that you’ve received your intuitive response, follow it through and take notice of whether it was indeed the right move. This will provide your confirmation which will give you confidence and encourage you to keep asking and following the intuitive response. The more you do it, the more automatic it will become.
5. Notice synchronicities - Keep a journal of the synchronicities you notice each day. The more you pay attention to these things, the more tuned in to them you will become. Some of these synchronicities might include knowing who is calling when the phone rings, hearing from someone you were thinking about, coming across a book on a topic you wanted to explore or on something that provides information that is helpful to you, and so on. This will show you how your energy is working within the world, to bring you what you subconsciously ask for or need.
6. Practice stillness - This is one of the most helpful ways to increase your overall sense of connection with the universe, including your intuitive abilities. To achieve stillness, sit quietly and place your attention on your breathing - as you naturally inhale and exhale. Be one with your breath. This is the easiest way I know to still the mind of the persistent thoughts. Alternatively you could focus on a candle flame or something else of your choice. As the thoughts arise, don’t cling onto them but let them slip away. Don’t get frustrated by thoughts as they pop up because this causes you to pay more attention to them again. Just bring your attention peacefully back to your breath, the flame, etc. Regular practice of stillness will assist your intuitive awareness in day-to-day life as you let go of the mind chatter and just be “present” - right in the present moment where you can achieve greatest awareness.
7. Record your dreams - An ancient way to connect with your subconscious is to record your dreams and analyse their meaning. Having a connection to your dream life provides insight that can help you understand yourself, your life and what lies behind the daily goings-on. Dreams can also bring guidance from the higher self or guides and foretell upcoming events. The more you pay attention to them, the more you will remember and the more use they will be to you in your waking life.
8. Crystals - There are crystals that help to enhance intuition by activating the third eye or brow chakra. When you want to do any specific intuitive work, such as receiving insight from your higher self or guides, you can hold such a crystal to your third eye where you may notice a tingling or warmth on your forehead indicating the enhanced energy in the third eye. Amethyst, clear quartz, lapis lazili, sodalite and other purple and deep blue stones are good choices. You can hold the crystal for 5-10 minutes to help you “tune in” or you can hold it the whole time.
9. Oracle cards - These are tools that can assist you to receive intuitive messages from your higher self and guides. Before reading the message relating to the card/s you’ve drawn, try looking at the details and theme of the card/s and feeling for the meaning using your intuition. With practice, you may be surprised to find that the message in the guidebook reflects what you already intuitively felt. Look at the symbols, characters, colours and so on.
10. Be open to how you might receive intuitive messages or signs - You may have asked for some guidance with something in particular. You could try to directly receive insight or an answer to your question but if this doesn’t happen, don’t be disheartened. Once you ask a question, remain open and in expectation of receiving your answer. It could come through a dream, through something someone says to you, through an object that has significance such as a book or symbolic meaning of an item that you suddenly come across, or even via an animal that captures your attention.
The human aura, also known as the spiritual aura, is energy emanating from the spinal column. The energy comes from the combination of body, soul and mind working together in a person.
Everything that you are, that you have done, and even that you could do is all beamed out in your spiritual forcefield.
A mini science lesson
It might help to think of a magnet. A magnet has an energy field around it that allows nearby objects containing iron to be pulled towards it. You can feel the power of this energy field when you try to pull apart two magnets that are stuck together (attracted). You can also feel the repelling action as a magnet pushes away the same end (pole) of another magnet.
The human aura is sometimes called the body’s magnetic forcefield because it has similar attracting and repelling properties, although these are much more complex and varied than the simple ‘north’ and ‘south’ poles of a magnet.
Acknowledge, accept, and let it go. See also: The benefits of meditation.
[image via The Meta Picture]
I spent the majority of the day outside yesterday. My friend Lisa and I climbed the Garth Stairs in Hamilton in the morning and then we explored some other spots for the rest of the afternoon.
I’ve been spending a lot of time hiking/running through the trails and ravines by our place here and I’m constantly stumbling upon litter.. it makes me sad to see that intelligent and capable human beings such as ourselves are too ignorant to clean up after themselves.
What I usually do when I’ve encountered a littered area is I go home, grab a garbage bag, go back into the ravines and trails and pick up as much trash as I possibly can. Yesterday I filled up an extra large garbage bag to the brim with trash, it pretty much weighed as much as myself and it was so heavy that I had to drag it to the nearest public trash bin.
The thing that shocked me a little, and does every time, is that the area that I covered while cleaning wasn’t even that large.. it was probably the size of an average living room/dining room.. Imagine how many bags of garbage are scattered about all through our beautiful forests and trails!
We are highly intelligent beings and we are definitely capable of doing good.. We have the ability to recognize when the equilibrium is off, and we have the means to reverse the affects of our ignorance and restore balance. Every little thing adds up, and I’m sure that all critters big and small would be more than happy to see their homes trash free and safe. Do what you can, with what you have. Sure, our ecosystems won’t be cleaned up overnight but, we need to do our part—we need to help our Earth thrive.